Monday, September 3, 2012

The last few days

These last few days in the US have been emotional, stressful, and a lot of fun. I've said goodbye to so many people, my bags are stuffed full and all zipped up. I am currently living off of old tshirts and soffee shorts. I'm constantly going around my room and saying "oh hey.. maybe i should bring this?".  I swear i've weighed my suitcase 2345896 times to make sure it fits the precise 44lbs requirement.

The weirdest thing is that even though I leave everything i've ever known in 2 days, it still hasn't hit me. At different times it has hit each of my friends but it all seems so surreal to me. I think it's just because i'm too busy making sure everything is packed and where it should be and i don't leave my room a complete mess for a whole year. Even though it would probably be like that if i was here anyway.

It's insane to think that at this time in one year I will be fluent in a whole other language and i will have a million memories and a bunch of new friends and even a family in Spain. I honestly can't even imagine it because everything in my life so far can't even compare to that. There's nothing that can prepare me for this so i'm just embracing the fact that I will be totally lost for the first few weeks. Let's hope their charades are good because speaking spanish will definitely be a problem in the beginning. I just hope people are understanding of my difficulties.

Next time I blog I'll be in Spain!! Craziness....

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading all your posts so far. Your posts are wonderfully detailled with all your thoughts and emotions surrounding this adventure you are about to take. I look forward to following you along your journey and wish you a fun, and exciting year in Spain. Safe travels! Love You.
    Aunt Geralyn

    ReplyDelete