Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Second Day of School

I just wanted to write a post about my second day of school so I can reasure you that I'm not dying over here. I know I left the first day of school post a bit depressing... I'm sooo happy to say that the second day was extremely better. I have begun to know some of my classmates names already, and word is quickly spreading around school that there's an American here. When I walked into my 5th period arts class, a group of girls pointed at me and said, "Ay! Ella es la americana!" (Hey! She's the american!") So I'll go through my schedule today:

Biology- The teacher is an old women who couldn't be sweeter. She speaks slowly so I can understand and she uses a lot of examples and shows pictures so I can follow along with the other students. All the seventh grade biology is still yet to come back to me but I have hope for this class.

Physics and Chemistry- The first class that I haven't known anyone. A nice girl sat next to me but we didn't talk much. The teacher seems funny, well at least the students laugh at him a lot, but I can't understand him. He speaks very fast and doesn't pronunciate. Also he made a joke out of me coming from USA but I didn't catch it.

Lengua- Definitely going to be the hardest class. It's equivalent to our english classes back home. Essays, short stories, books on books on books. I talked to the teacher after class and she was very nice and said she totally understands that the first few months are going to be hard for me. So phew that's out of the way.

English- I was so excited for this class because I thought I would ace it but the whole hour we were in class, there was not one word of english spoken. The teacher says she wants to move me out because it will be too easy but I want to stay because it will be the only class I can actually excel in.

Art- The teacher speaks a little bit of english, and she seems knowledgeable about all the in things. She talked about Facebook, twitter, tumblr, blogspot, ect. not sure exactly how that relates to art but yea...

Bilingual History- This is my favorite class so far. I found two girls that are funny and nice to sit with right in the beginning. Most of this class is in english so it will be easier for me. It's fun because the teacher and students rely on me to translate complicated sentences, or fix a pronunciation issue. The teacher doesn't know how to control a classroom though, and the students take advantage of it so much.  He kinda resembles a bird, so whenever he turns his back to the room, some of the students spread their  arms into wings and make bird like sounds just loud enough for the teacher to hear. I can tell this will be an entertaining class.

This emotional rollar coaster that I'm on is throwing me everywhere. It's crazy how fast my mood can change. I've just got to make the best out of everything. Days like this remind me that I actually can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment