Thursday, May 2, 2013

La Ciudad de Amor

If you've never been to Paris, do everything you can to go. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is. What I can say is that in just six short days, I fell in love with the timeless city of love.

Just imagine, you're walking down a street of pebbles. Bright sun on your face and the smell of warm crepes in the air. The apartments to your left and right are all the same light beige, intricately detailed columns, doors, and balconies, all only reaching three or four stories as to not block out the beautiful blue sky. If you look up, you can see chic french people sipping tea or coffee on their beautiful iron terraces. Bustling around you is the life of the city, the people. Street performers, lost tourists, and actual natives trying to get to work in time. Overlooking the city, the eiffel tower can be seen from almost every place you go. The beautiful cathedrals, government buildings, and museums are numerous, each one unique. The streets are filled with charming bakeries, classy restaurants, typical touristy stands, and high end fashion brands like Gucci, Prada, and Luis Vuitton. If you get a chance to go up the eiffel tower, or maybe the arc of triomphe, you realize the dense city that surrounds you is so full of history, but yet so alive.

If I could go back, I would walk around without a map, or a watch, and lose myself in those parisian streets.

Coming back was a weird feeling. It marked only two months left here in Spain. Like I always knew would happen, I'm beginning to feel a mix of emotions but I'm not going there yet. I'm just embracing the moments as they come.

There are waaaayy too many pictures to post them all but if you're interested, I'll be posting them on my picture blog so check it out! http://marthainspain2012.tumblr.com

Here are some of the highlights:
boarding the train


Arc of triomphe

After climbing up 200 something stairs to the top of the arc

Notre Dame
Sunset from the Eiffel tower

Dancing in disney


No comments:

Post a Comment